The Miracles of Jesus
The most powerful 3 1/2 Years
Jesus ministered for only three and 1/2 years. He began to teach and to perform many miracles in all the communities nearby. Jesus often used parables when teaching the multitudes who came wherever He went. Some of these teachings and miracles were recorded in the Bible.
Jesus’ purpose in life was to do the will of His heavenly Father. Wherever He went, He brought goodness. He never hurt or injured anyone, although He did get angry at others who did wrong. He called self-righteous church-going people vipers and once turned over tables in the temple where money-changers were taking advantage of the people.
Jesus was friends with the outcast of society – sinners. He reached out to the publicans, thieves, prostitutes. He never scorned anyone. He knew what was in the heart of a man (or woman). Just because they were religious did not mean that they knew God.
Much of the life of Jesus is recorded in the New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. During His few years of ministry on earth Jesus performed many miracles.
Some of His miracles included:
* raising Lazarus and others from the dead;
* feeding over 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish;
* walking on water and calming the stormy Sea of Galilee;
* casting out demons;
* healing a paralyzed man, restoring a man’s ear, and healing many others.
Jesus was supernatural. He performed many miracles to help people in need. These miracles were a sign of His divinity.
LISTED ARE SOME OF HIS MIRACLES
1. Jesus attended a wedding and they ran out of wine to drink. After His disciples filled six water pots with water Jesus caused the water to become very tasty wine.
2. Jesus healed a boy who was about to die.
3. Jesus healed a man with an unclean spirit.
4 Jesus healed Simon’s mother-in-law from a fever. At the same home He also healed many who were sick of different diseases and cast out many devils.
5. Jesus healed a man of leprosy.
6. Jesus healed a paralytic who could not walk.
7. Jesus healed an impotent man.
8. Jesus cured many people of infirmities and plagues and of evil spirits.
9. Jesus healed a man with a withered hand.
10. Jesus healed multitudes of people.
11. Jesus healed a servant who was sick and tormented.
12. Jesus healed a dead man who then sat up and began to speak.
13. Jesus healed one possessed with a devil, caused the blind to see and the mute to speak.
14. Jesus rebuked the winds and the sea that covered the boat and the sea became calm.
15. Jesus cast the devils out of two exceedingly fierce men. These men were naked, wild and could not be held with chains. They were living in the cemetery.
16. Jesus healed a woman who had been bleeding for 12 years and the doctors could not cure her. She touched His clothing and was healed instantly.
17. Jesus took a girl who died at the age of 12 and caused her to walk and to eat.
18. Jesus healed two blind men and a mute man, and every sickness.
19. Jesus’ disciples healed all manner of sickness and disease.
20. Jesus took two fish and 5 rolls of bread and fed 5000 men plus the women and children and had 12 baskets of food left over.
21. Jesus walked on the water during a bad storm.
22. Jesus healed as many as touched Him or touched the border of his clothing.
23. Jesus healed a girl grievously vexed with a devil.
24. Jesus caused multitudes of lame to walk, blind to see, mute to talk, and maimed to be made whole.
25. Jesus healed a deaf man who had a speech impediment, tongue was loosed.
26. Jesus fed 4,000 men plus women and children with 7 pieces of bread and a few little fish, and 7 baskets full were left over.
27. Jesus healed a blind man.
28. Jesus healed lunatic who was foaming at the mouth and gnashing his teeth as he threw himself into the fire.
29. Jesus healed a man who was blind from his birth.
30. Jesus heals a woman who had a spirit of infirmity 18 years; she was bowed over and could not stand up.
31. Jesus healed man of dropsy.
32. Jesus raised Lazarus who had been dead four days.
33. Jesus healed 10 men who were lepers.
34. Jesus healed blind Bartimeus.
35. Jesus touched and healed the soldier whose right ear had been cut off with a sword.
36. Jesus was resurrected from the dead after 3 days.